Despite an increasingly mobile workforce, the primary responsibilities of many jobs still require the use of a desktop—where large amounts of information can be displayed and manipulated on a single screen. ERP users—especially those in the back office—need to be able to do things like scan transactions in split windows, drag and drop files, conduct bulk data operations, launch directly into Microsoft Windows programs, and maneuver graphical planning tools.
- Train new system users more quickly.
- Navigate and search the system faster than ever.
- Optimize the UI to support the daily tasks of individuals or groups.
- Future-proof your ERP with a dual-client strategy that supports both mobile and desktop users.
ALGORITHM-DRIVEN UI UPGRADE
As part of creating the Jeeves Desktop Client, we developed a powerful auto generation algorithm that was able to “re-paint” all the functionality in the Classic Net Client in a more modern and intuitive way. The Jeeves Desktop Client features new designs for lists, dialog boxes, program windows, and application controls.
CLASSIC AND MODERN LOOK
The auto generation can either render a program layout with a classic look, including frames, flexible program window sizes, and horizontal field prompts—or a modern look, including a global program area, program header fields, vertical prompt positioning, and fixed field lengths. Either layout can be further improved in the design client, where you can mix elements from both looks.
TRADITIONAL AND MODERN NAVIGATION
The tree-like navigation of the Classic Net Client is still available to any of your users who prefer it. Otherwise, your team will enjoy more modern approaches to navigation within the system, including a button-based menu, breadcrumb trails, list widgets, and tagged records.
USER- AND ROLE-BASED UI CONFIGURATIONS
Through user- and role-based UI configurations, you can hide irrelevant information and make the system easier to learn and use. Dashboards, screen designs, menus, and even personalized navigation settings, such as “My Favorite Programs,” can be created for specific users and groups. A user can even be linked to several roles and quickly switch between them in the toolbar.
The Desktop Client comes with new program features that will help you better process the information presented on your screen, focus on the most important activities, and reduce the time you spend searching for information.
- A new navigation bar keeps you updated on your current program level and lets you quickly navigate back to a previous level.
- The global program area gathers all the fields and functions relevant for each program tab, resulting in a much cleaner layout.
- New filter fields above the list window column headers help you quickly narrow search results.
- Transactions that need further attention can be starred for later, and quickly accessed via the tagged records widget on the dashboard.
DASHBOARD WITH WIDGETS
The start screen for Jeeves Desktop Client is a dashboard page, consisting of small, expandable program widgets that give you an overview of your daily work and provide shortcuts to records in your most-used programs.
- List widgets can display program lists that are filtered to show groups of transactions.
- Chart widgets can present real-time data in column, pie or line chart format.
- Web widgets can display web sites and or browser-based software applications that provide additional insights.
- The tagged records widget can list starred records from any program for immediate access.
- The to-do widget gives users the ability to take notes.
The Jeeves Desktop Client abandons the use of rich Internet technologies like Silverlight—instead relying on the Windows Presentation Framework (WPF) to develop rich UI applications based on XAML and the .NET Framework. Jeeves Desktop Client users should also see improved system performance—especially when combined with the new Jeeves cloud infrastructure service.
EASILY CUSTOMIZED AND UPGRADED
Supported by Jeeves’ one-of-a-kind, model-driven architecture, the Jeeves Desktop Client is easily customized and upgraded. You can leverage a complete development platform to design data models, business logic, and more. The design client, enhanced by a WYSIWYG interface, allows even nontechnical users to personalize the UI to optimize their daily tasks.
PAIR WITH MOBILE CLIENT
The Jeeves Desktop Client is augmented by the power of the new Jeeves Mobile Client, which allows you to create, deploy, and test any mobile application you can imagine. The Jeeves Mobile Client works just like the Desktop Client—you can grab data and workflows directly from Jeeves ERP—or even outside data sources—and paint the screen with the information your customers and employees need, when and where they need it.